The Top 10 Most Profitable Under The Radar Niches For e-Courses!
“You make how much?”
These are the most common responses when Shelley Brander, the creator of Knit Stars, tells people that she made over 3.5 million dollars selling online courses about knitting.
But Shelley isn’t the only one having huge success with an e-course in an unusual or “weird” niche.
Kyle Buchanon has made over $150,000 with his online courses on memorization tricks.
Nicole Begley earns a living teaching people how to take better photos of their pets!
And those are just a few of literally thousands of under the radar niche success stories here at Kajabi!
If you’re still struggling with what to teach in your e-course, or you’re sick of competing with the 17,000 other gurus teaching people to “make money online” or “lose weight fast,” this article is for you!
Want to get straight to the niches?
Download this FREE report with all 10 UTR niches here.
You can also download this article as a SlideShare here.
Here’s what you’re going to learn:
First, you’re going to learn what 3 qualities separate a regular niche from an under the radar niche, and why that makes under the radar niches extremely profitable!
Next, you’re going to learn what the top 10 most profitable e-courses niches are based on our data here at Kajabi.
We’ve crunched the data from working with thousands of course creators so we know what under the radar niches are profitable and which aren’t!
Finally, we’re going to teach you 7 tools to find your own under the radar niches, so you’ll be able to find new under the radar niches whenever you want!
By the end of this article, you’ll be able to either pick any of the top 10 most profitable niches for e-courses and create your own course for that niche.
Or you’ll be able to find your own under the radar niche, no matter what you teach!
Let’s get started by talking about niches in a little more depth.
What is a Niche?
A niche is a small, well-defined segment of a market.
For example, in the health market, the ketogenic diet is a niche.
A niche allows you to take a huge market and focus specifically on one piece of it.
So instead of trying to market your course to EVERYONE who is looking for diet advice, you’re speaking just to those people who are interested in the ketogenic diet.
When creating an online course, you want to start with a niche like the Ketogenic diet rather than a broad market like dieting.
All niches are not created equal.
Some niches are more competitive than others.
A google search for the term “Ketogenic diet online course” returns over 8.62 million results!
Not to mention, a ton of ads for online courses.
Competitive niches like the Ketogenic diet are like fishing ponds with too many fishermen.
You could try to compete with everyone trying to fish for customers.
You might even win.
But wouldn’t it be easier if you could just go fishing in a less crowded pond?
That’s where under the radar niches come in.
What is an Under The Radar Niche?
An under the radar niche is a niche that meets 3 specific qualities.
First, an under the radar niche has a specific audience.
That means an under the radar niche speaks specifically to a certain type of person.
In marketing, they call this your “Customer Avatar.”
Your customer avatar is a fictitious character you create that helps you get clear on who your ideal customer is.
In order to create a customer avatar, you need to know who your ideal customer is, where they hang out online, and what their challenges are.
To learn more about creating your own Customer Avatars check out this article by Digital Marketer.
If your niche doesn’t have a specific audience, it’s not an under the radar niche.
The second quality of an under the radar niche is that it has search traffic.
You want to make sure that there are at least a few thousand searches a month for your topic.
There’s no point creating an online course for something that no one is looking for.
The final quality of an under the radar niche is that the audience is looking for a specific solution.
There’s a specific problem that your audience is looking to solve that your course can help them with.
In order to really be profitable, your under the radar niche must satisfy all 3 of these qualities.
Later on in this article, we’ll show you exactly how to find under the radar niches using tools like the Google Keyword Planner and Quora.
Now that you know what the 3 qualities of an under the radar niche are, let’s look at the top 10 most profitable under the radar niches on Kajabi!
The Top 10 Under The Radar Niches on Kajabi:
Each of these niches has at least 27,000 Google searches a month and make up less than 1% of all courses on Kajabi representing a tremendous opportunity!
1. Stress Management:
According to the American Psychological Association, most Americans are suffering from moderate to high stress with 44% reporting that their stress levels have increased over the last 5 years.
Search Volume: 74,000 Google searches per month.
Related Searches: Stress management tips, stress management strategies, types of stress, effects of stress.
- Don’t Sweat The Small Stuff: The Small Business Owner’s Guide To Stress Management
- Stress-Free Student: 4 steps to graduating from college stress-free!
- 9 Months of Bliss: A Simple 6-step process to de-stress during your pregnancy.
The best thing about creating a course around creativity is that it can be applied to almost any subject! Creativity is being embraced as a tool for business, relaxation, and self-care.
Search Volume: 135,000 Google searches a month
Related searches: Creativity Booster, Importance of creativity, Creatively skills
- Unlock Your Hidden Genius: The Ultimate Guide To Tapping Into Your Creativity
- The Creativity Toolkit:75 Creativity Boosters To Get You Unstuck!
- The Creative Career Roadmap: The Job Seeker’s Guide To Finding A Creative Career
The pet niche has always been profitable but recently there has been an explosion in searches for both pet care and pet training. This surge in search traffic has created a huge opportunity for e-courses on different types of pet care/training.
Search Volume: 27,000 Google searches per month.
Related Searches: Pet Training, Pet care products, Pet care tips.
- Turtle TIme! How To Train Your Pet Turtle In 3 Easy Steps.
- Professional Cat Grooming Masterclass: Everything You Need To Groom Your Cat Like The Pros!
- I Want A Pony! 6-Steps To Buying And Caring For Your Daughter’s First Horse
Art and crafts
Arts and crafts aren’t just for summer camp anymore! Thanks to social media as well as sites like Etsy and Pinterest, arts and crafts projects have come back in a big way!
Search Volume: 246,000 Google searches per month.
Related Searches: Arts and crafts for kids, Arts and crafts movement, Arts and crafts to do at home.
- Summer Craft Camp: 300 Arts and Crafts Ideas for Kids
- Paper Picasso: 50 Arts and Crafts Ideas You Can Create With Just a Sheet of Paper
- Arts and Crafts Profits: How To Create Your Own 6-figure Online Arts and Crafts Business
Since 2004 the number of Americans with passports has doubled from 21% to 42%. With more people traveling the opportunity to create travel-related online courses has never been bigger.
Search Volume: 673,000 Google searches per month.
Related Searches: Travel Deals, Travel websites, Budget Travel
- Budget Bucket List: 75 Bucket List Trips To Take For Less Than $3,000
- Get Paid To Travel! The Ultimate Guide To Becoming A Travel Influencer
- The 20 Euro Tourist: How to see all of Europe on just 20 Euros or less per day!
According to the latest data, 25% of adults played a musical instrument in 2018. And that’s just adults! More and more people are turning to online courses to help them learn a variety of musical instruments at any age.
Search Volume: 201,000 Google searches per month.
Related Searches: Musical instruments for kids, Types of musical instruments, violins musical instrument.
- 90 Day Guitarist: Teach Yourself Guitar In 90 Days Or Less!
- Piano Parent: How To Teach Your Child To Play The Piano Even If You Don’t Play Yourself!
- Am I a Bass or an Acoustic? The Ultimate Guide To Choosing The Right Instrument For You!
Self-defense is a perpetually profitable niche. Recently as more people begin exercising or training at home, online courses on self-defense and various martial arts have started to become hot search topics again.
Search Volume: 74,000 Google searches per month
Related Searches: Self-defense for kids, Self defense training, self-defense classes
- Girl, Protect Yourself! 150 Practical Self-Defense Techniques For Women
- Bullyproof: How To Teach Your Child To Defend Themselves From Bullies
- Krav Maga Mastery: 30 Practical Workouts To Learn Self-Defense In Just 15 Minutes A Day!
Home improvement is an awesome under the radar niche that covers everything from do it yourself home construction to decor and interior decorating.
Search Volume: 201,000 Google searches a month.
Related Searches: Home improvement ideas, DIY projects, Home improvement tips
- The Complete Guide To DIY Home Renovation: Over 200 Ideas And Instructions For Easy To Learn Home Improvements.
- Budget Renovation: How To Renovate Your Home For Less Than $1,000
- Fix 'er up! 21 Simple Home Improvements To Increase The Value Of Your House By Up to $50,000!
In 2018 beauty related content generated more than 169 billion views on Youtube. Beauty and makeup tutorials are one of the most searched for subjects online but still make up less than 1% of courses on Kajabi.
Search Volume: 74,000 Google searches per month.
Related Searches: Makeup looks, Huda beauty makeover, Makeup tutorials
- The 5-Minute Perfect Smokey Eye!
- Makeup 101: 101 Different Makeup Tutorials For Beginners
- From Chic to Cheap: How to Recreate 75+ Famous Red-Carpet Makeup On A Budget!
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention's National Center for Health, meditation use rose to 14.2% of all Americans in 2017. This is up from just 4.1% of the population in 2012. Meditation is one of the fastest growing under the radar niches!
Search Volume: 673,000 Google searches per month.
Related Searches: Mindfulness meditation, Meditation benefits, Meditation for stress
- Transcendental Meditation 101: The Beginner’s Guide To Transcendental Meditation
- Stop and Breathe: 30 Guided Meditations for Reducing Stress No Matter Where You Are.
- The 3- Minute Meditator: How To Get Started With Meditation In As Little As 3 Minutes Per Day!
All ten of these under the radar niches are perfect for creating and selling an online course with Kajabi!
You could pick any of these 10 niches and have a great chance of creating a profitable e-course.
But if you teach something totally unrelated to these 10 niches or you just want to know how to find an under the radar niche by yourself, here are FREE 7 tools to help you find your own under the radar niche.
7 FREE Tools For Finding Under The Radar Niches:
1. Google. The first and most powerful tool you’re going to use when it comes to researching your under the radar niche is the Google search bar. Get started by researching what e-courses are already available in your niche.
2. Google Keyword Planner. After you get an idea of what e-courses are out there, you’ll want to use the Google Keyword Planner to see approximately how many searches there are for related terms every month. Remember you’re looking for a keyword that has at least 5,000 searches a month!
3. Keywords Everywhere. Keywords everywhere is a web browser plugin that will let you export a list of related search terms and a list of other terms people searched for in your sidebar every time you do a search.
4. Answer The Public. Answer the public takes any search phrase and turns it into a simple 1-page visualization which you can use to gain tremendous insights about potential niches.
5. Social Listening. One of the best ways to find under the radar niches is to monitor what conversations are happening about the topic on social media. Look at the questions, challenges, and goals your ideal customers are discussing on social media to get an idea of what they want to learn.
6. Quora. Quora is a question and answer community where questions are asked, answered and edited by users. Quora is a goldmine for finding out what questions your ideal customers are asking online and what they are looking for help with.
7. Yahoo Answers. Similar to Quora, Yahoo answers is a question and answer site created by Yahoo. While most of the tools for research focus on Google searches, it’s important to check other search engines like Bing or Yahoo as well.
Using those seven tools you will be able to see if a niche has a specific audience, a certain amount of search traffic and a specific problem or goal you can help them with.
Now that you know what the top 10 most profitable under the radar niches are and you know how to find your own under the radar niche, let’s wrap everything up so you can get started creating your own under the radar niche e-course.
How is an e-course like a hamburger stand?
When asked what advantage he would want when opening a hamburger stand, the great copywriter Gary Halbert once said:
“The only advantage I want is a starving crowd.”
Creating an online course is a lot like selling hamburgers, the best advantage you can have is a starving crowd.
Sure, you could create an e-course on making money online or getting a “beach body”.
But those audiences aren’t starving.
There are already hundreds if not thousands of e-courses on those subjects.
Wouldn’t it be easier to create a course for a starving audience?
In this article, you learned what three qualities make up an under the radar niche; a specific audience, a certain amount of search traffic and a specific problem or goal that you can help them with.
You also learned how to find your own under the radar niches using tools like the Google Keyword Planner, Answer the Public, and Quora.
And of course, you learned about the top 10 under the radar niches for e-courses on Kajabi which are:
The Top 10 Under The Radar Niches on Kajabi:
- Stress Management
- Pet Care/Training
- Arts and Crafts
- Musical Instruments
- Home Improvement
Grab All of Our Research & Niches In One PDF!
We've laid out all the niches and compiled all of our research in a PDF so you have one place that you can easily access it from!
All you have to do is click the link below and download your PDF today!
Grab The 10 Most Profitable Niches PDF
Download Your Free PDF BelowGet Instant Access Now!